Pumpkin and orange soup
Silky smooth pumpkin and orange soup, a wonderful blend of flavours that will entice your palate.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time25 Minutes
- 300g pumpkin, skinned
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 ½ litres water
- Juice of 1 ½ oranges
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- White pepper and salt to taste
- Cut the pumpkin to very small pieces.
- Melt the Astra in a pan; add the onion, garlic and sauté until translucent. Then, add the pumpkin, water and celery and bring to a boil.
- When the pumpkin has cooked, puree the soup in a food processor. Return to the pan, bring to a boil and add the Knorr Cubes and salt and pepper to taste. Take off from stove, add the orange juice and serve hot with croutons.
- Choose a pumpkin that is more yellowish and starchy.