Angunakola and Bitter Gourd Sambol
This truly Sri Lankan green salad packs a punch with the acidity of the tomatoes and the lime, and the sweetness of the onions.
- Recipe serves:3-4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- 1cup Angunakola thinly sliced
- 1 medium size Bitter Gourd
- 1pkt. Knorr Maldifish Powder Mix
- 1 medium size Tomato cubed
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp of crushed Pepper
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Wash and remove seeds of the bitter gourd and slice thinly.
- Wash and slice angunakola into thin strips. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and salt as required and toss well. Serve immediately.
- This salad would make a great side dish to have to with rice and curry.
Chef’s Tip:Removing the skin of the tomato before cubing will give the salad a more refined texture and feel.