Chick Pea & Corn Enchiladas
Spicy, oven baked veggie enchiladas topped with bubbling cheese.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time40 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g onion, chopped
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 300g chick peas, boiled
- 150g corn kernel, boiled
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 4 pita breads
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ½ lettuce, thinly sliced
- 100ml water
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Fry for a while then add cumin powder.
- Mix water with Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix and pour into the pan. Bring to boil then add tomatoes and coriander leaves. Cook till thick then add chick peas and corn.
- In a separate frying pan, warm each of the pita breads for 1 minute. On the warmed bread spread the cheese, chick pea & corn filling and lettuce. Roll to close.
- Arrange enchiladas on an oven proof dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- Quick recipes like this makes party food and your kid’s food more fun and delicious with a double bonus of healthy eating!