Fried Coconut Chili Prawns
Delectable prawns simmered in a spicy flavourful curry infused with fried coconut.
- Recipe serves:6 to 7
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 600g Prawns
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 cloves of chopped Garlic
- 2 nos of sliced Green chilli
- 1 pkt of Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix
- 2 tbsp of Astra
- 2 cups of thick coconut milk
- 1 cup of Grated coconut
- 3 cups of Water
- Rumpe & curry leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and devein prawns.
- Roast or dry fry the grated coconut and set aside.
- Melt the Astra in a pan and add chopped onions, garlic, chili, rampe & curry leaves.
- When fragrant add prawns. Cook till prawns are cooked.
- Dilute Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix in water and mix in to the cooked prawn. To this add thick coconut milk.
- Cook until it reaches the desired consistency. Mix in the fried coconut and mix well. Season to taste. Present this sizzling hot treat to your avurudu lunch gathering and enjoy!
Chef’s Tip:To enhance the flavour of the fried coconut, it is advised to prepare the dish with less gravy.