Braised Pork and Chicken Rice
Succulent braised pork served with rich and moist chicken rice.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time35 Minutes
- 500g Basmati Rice
- 700ml water
- 200g pork, 1/2 inch dices
- 200g chicken, 1/2 inch dices
- 20g Astra
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 100g tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry leaves, chopped
- 50g onion, chopped
- 25g garlic, chopped
- ½ cup spring onions leaves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Heat up a pan with Astra and sauté the onion, garlic and curry leaves. Add rice and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add diced pork and chicken.
- Add water and the Knorr Chicken Cubes.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes while the lid is on.
- Switch off the fire and leave it for another 10 to 15 minutes while keeping the lid on.
- Then lift off the lid, add tomatoes and stir with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and garnish with spring onions. Serve hot.
- Searching for chicken recipes and pork recipes that complement each other in both taste and texture? This chicken and braised pork delicacy will not disappoint.
Chef’s Tip:Cut all the meat in uniform size to cook evenly.