Stuffed Arabic Bread Pockets
A delicious Middle Eastern sandwich made with chicken, pita bread, vegetables and salad leaves. A scrumptious new and fast way to enjoy mealtime.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time25 Minutes
- 2 pita breads
- 200g minced chicken
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 150g grated carrot
- 150g leeks (white part)
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 5-6 salad leaves
- 1 Knorr seasoning Cube
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 2 tablespoons crushed pepper
- 3 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- Heat up a skillet then add a teaspoon of Astra. Cut the pita bread into half and lightly fry both sides till golden brown.
- In a heated pan add Astra. When melted, toss in the minced chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- Add onion, carrot, leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Knorr Seasoning Cube, crushed pepper and season to taste.
- Take the pita bread halves and make an incision in the middle without tearing the bread.
- Insert salad leaves and 1-2 slices of tomato. Then, stuff it with the chicken filling.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Use a sharp knife when cutting the pita bread to prevent it from breaking.