Milk Rice with Green Gram
Green gram and rice combined exquisitely in this traditional recipe. Flavoured and spiced with Knorr Chicken cubes and fresh chili makes each mouthful tasty and memorable.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 500g raw rice (white)
- 250g green gram
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- 1 coconut, thick coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Soak the green gram and cook using plenty of water. Strain excess water and keep aside.
- Cook raw rice with necessary amount of water.
- When the rice is boiled, add all the other ingredients. Mix well and cook till the coconut milk is absorbed into the rice.
- Put the green gram rice onto a platter, flatten with a spatula and cut into diamond shapes.
Chef’s Tip:Cooking milk rice completely with thin and think coconut milk will add richness and flavour to the dish.