Caribbean Peanut Chicken Rice
Enjoy an exotic dish which combines chicken, peanut butter, fluffy rice with selected spices, herbs and lime juice. Savour the flavours of the Caribbean in one scrumptious mouthful!
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 250g basmati rice (raw)
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 30g Astra
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 500ml water
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Handful of parsley, chopped coarsely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves, garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon raw curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Lemon juice (½ a lemon)
- Cut chicken into strips, add olive oil, garlic, chopped thyme, curry powder, turmeric, chili powder and lemon juice and marinate.
- Cook the basmati rice with enough water until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Melt the Astra in a pot and add chicken strips. Sauté for a few minutes and then add onions, tomato, green chili, Knorr Cubes and water. Cook till chicken is tender.
- Now add the peanut butter and mix well. Add the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Add rice and turn to mix slightly. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Finish this in a casserole dish. Add a meat layer at the bottom and top it with rice.