Chicken Liver Pâté
Silky smooth flavourful liver pâté enriched with wine and fresh cream. A delectable appetizer when paired with toast or crackers.
- Recipe serves:4 - 6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 225g chicken liver
- 2 Knorr Chicken cubes
- 200g Astra
- 2 tablespoons red wine/brandy
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 150ml fresh cream
- Crushed pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaves to garnish
- Toast to serve
- Melt 50g of Astra in a pan. Add the liver and cook for a few minutes till the livers are well cooked. Mix in the Knorr Chicken cubes.
- Grind to a smooth puree using a food processor.
- Now add the wine, chopped sage, cream, pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour into individual ramekins and refrigerate.
- Melt the rest of the Astra and pour on top of the pâté ramekins. Place a bay leaf on top and chill.
- Serve with toast.
Chef’s Tip:You can use Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder Mix instead of cubes.