Lightly cooked Del together with an aromatic mixture of savoury tempered coconut, Maldive fish and shrimp makes a scrumptious combination.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- Finely Chopped Breadfruit (Dhell) 500g
- Knorr Maldive Fish Powder 1 Packet
- Scraped Coconut 1 Cup
- Dried shrimp 500g
- Onion ½
- Garlic 2 Cloves
- Green Chillies 2
- Mustard ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper 1 Teaspoon
- Astra 20g
- Salt to Taste
- Cut Breadfruit into small, thin pieces, then boil in an ample amount of water with Turmeric and a pinch of Salt. Drain if necessary.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound Mustard, Onion, Garlic, Pepper and Scraped Coconut.
- Place a pot on the stove and add Astra. When melted, add dried shrimp and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add the pounded Coconut mixture and sauté for a minute.
- Add Knorr Maldive Fish Powder and mix well. Finally, add the boiled Breadfruit and mix quickly without washing. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Wash shrimp in a strainer to get rid of sand easily.