Green Gram Mallum
Mustard, onions, garlic, green and red chillies, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder and coconut mixture combined with soft and sweet boiled green gram makes this quite a unique rice puller. Yes, healthy food can taste great!
- Preparation Time Minutes
- Boiled Green Gram 300g
- Knorr Maldive Fish Powder 2 Packets
- Scraped Coconut 1 Cup
- Chopped Onion 1
- Finely Sliced Green Chillies 2
- Mustard 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic 2 Cloves
- Pandan (Rampe) & Curry Leaves
- Astra 30g
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Chilli Flakes 1 Tablespoon
- Pound Mustard, Onions, Garlic, Green Chillies, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder, Chilli Flakes and Coconut in a Mortar.
- Melt Astra in a pan, then add the pounded mixture and temper till fragrant. Now add the boiled Green Gram and mix well, season to taste and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Soak green gram overnight to save time.