Dambala (Winged Bean) & Dhal Rice
A mildly spicy rice that features tempered winged beans and dhal infused with selected spices and the flavor of Knorr Maldive Fish Powder. A tasty and wholesome meal even on its own.
- Recipe serves:2
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- Finely sliced Dambala (Winged Bean) 150g
- Cooked Rice 500g
- Dhal 100g
- Knorr Maldive Fish Powder 1 Packet
- Astra 30g
- Chopped Onion 1
- Chopped Garlic 2 Cloves
- Crushed Ginger 1 Inch Piece
- Rampe (Pandan) & Curry Leaves
- Turmeric Powder ½ Teaspoon
- Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Salt to Taste
- 1. Add washed Dhal in a bowl with Turmeric, Chilli Powder and sufficient water to boil, keeping in mind not to mash the Dhal.
- 2. Melt Astra in a separate pan, add Ginger, Garlic, Pandan and Curry Leaves and Temper till fragrant.
- 3. Add Dambala and sauté for a few minutes, then add the Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix and Dhal, mix well. Now add cooked rice and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Thinly slice Dambala for a crispy texture