A delicious fried beef layered sandwich with peppers and salad leaves on a bed of gherkin and caper infused mayonnaise. A juicy sandwich with a multitude of flavours.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 300g beef sirloin steak
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 tablespoon Gherkin, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 20g Astra
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Hotdog buns
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Salad leaves
- Cut the beef into 1 inch thick strips and season with Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and crushed pepper powder.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Fry the steak till done. Strain and set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips and set aside.
- Mix in the garlic with Astra well. Divide the hotdog buns lengthways, apply the garlic spread and grill or toast in a moderate oven.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, gherkin and capers and mix well.
- Apply a layer of mayonnaise on the bottom portion of the bun. Coarsely shred the lettuce/salad leaves and arrange on top, followed by a few pieces of bell pepper, fried beef and another layer of mayonnaise. Top with hot dog bun and serve.
Chef’s Tip:Cut and chop fried beef into tiny bits to make serving easier.