Lemongrass and orange chicken rice
This is an aromatic and delicious rice dish that is a meal on its own. The lemongrass and orange make the perfect flavour combination that will keep you asking for more.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 250g cooked rice
- 2 packets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 3-4 lemongrass stalks, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper
- ½ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup spring onion leaves
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Mix the lemongrass, orange juice, 2 chopped garlic cloves, sugar, Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder Mix and fish sauce with the chicken and combine well.
- Heat the Astra in a pan. Add the onions and garlic and sauté till translucent.
- Pour in the chicken and its marinade and stir fry till chicken is cooked.
- Mix in the rice and toss well. Season to taste.
- Garnish with the spring onion leaves and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Pound the lemongrass with a little lime juice.