Butterfly prawns with raspberry dipping
Butterfly prawns with raspberry dipping - Knorr Sri Lanka
Delicately flavoured prawns accompanied with a sweet and tangy vibrant raspberry sauce.
- Recipe serves:3
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 10 jumbo prawns, de-shelled
- 1 sachet, Knorr Chicken seasoning Powder
- ½ tablespoon crushed pepper
- 30g Astra
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 100g raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- Few long toothpicks
- Melt the Astra in a pan and add the Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder, turmeric, pepper and chili powder and mix well. Take off from heat.
- Devein prawns and make a slit at the back of every prawn to make a shape of a butterfly.
- Mix the prawns in the seasoning made as above and let it marinate for a few minutes. Insert the toothpicks to make a neat kebab.
- Heat the grill or a frying pan and cook the prawns till done.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar and vinegar in a pan and cook on a very low fire. Add the raspberries and cook for a further few minutes.
- Blend the raspberry reduction using a blender and chill.
- Serve with the grilled butterfly prawns.
- For a mild tangy flavour, add a chopped gherkin to the mixture.