Nutty eggplant rolls
Tender eggplant slices stuffed with cashew and peanuts. It is so simple to make and serves as a great starter or light dinner.
- Recipe serves:2-3
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 eggplants sliced lengthways
- 1 sachet, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- 50g peanuts, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- Cut eggplants lengthways. Apply Astra on both sides and grill or panfry until tender. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients and toss well.
- In a serving dish, lay the grilled eggplant slices and spoon on a small amount of the nutty mixture carefully on them.
- Roll the eggplant slices and secure with a toothpick. Serve with any sauce or dipping.
Chef’s Tip:Add minced chicken to the mixture to add flavour.