Devilled potato and egg squares
A tasty little bite for any time of the day. Ideal as an appetizer or even as a lunch box snack for the kids. Flavoured with Knorr Maldive Fish Powder together with the spice of red and green chilies, these devilled potato and egg squares are simply
- Recipe serves:5-6
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time12 Minutes
- 200g potato boiled and mashed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 sachet, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons thick coconut milk
- A handful of chopped curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 1 tablespoons red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Toothpicks to serve with
- Add the potato, onion, green chili, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix, chili flakes and curry leaves into a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the coconut milk and whisk well. Add it to the potato mixture and stir it in.
- Melt the Astra in a pan. Add the potato mixture, cover and cook till firm to the touch. Then, cook for a few minutes more with the lid open.
- Cut into squares.
Chef’s Tip:Add chopped and fried bacon to the mixture for a different flavour!