Plantain chips with spicy onion salsa
Thin and crunchy plantain chips together with a colourful tangy salsa. An easy to make, exotic appetizer for the whole family!
- Recipe serves:3-4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time25 Minutes
- 4-5 Ash plantains
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 sachet, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- ½ green cucumber, diced into small pieces
- ½ lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Slice the plantains at a slight angle to form a lengthy cut. Add turmeric. Mix well and deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- Add a bit of salt and paprika powder and toss well.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together to make the salsa mixture. Serve with the plantain chips.
Chef’s Tip:You can use cassava (manioc), sweet potato and beet root to prepare chips in a similar way