Creamy dhal macaroni
A traditionally Italian staple coupled with a unique Asian twist. This creamy dhal sauce with a touch of spice adds great flavour to this dish.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 100g dhal
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 100g Astra
- 150ml milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Boil the dhal in just enough water with the turmeric and chili powder. Add the Knorr Chicken Cube just before taking off the heat.
- Add the dhal, Astra and milk into a blender and puree. You can add more milk to get the desired consistency.
- Place the boiled macaroni into a saucepan, heat for a minute and then mix in the dhal puree. Stir well and serve hot.
- If preferred, vegetables or parsley can be added.
Chef’s Tip:If the dhal puree is thick or lumpy it will be difficult to mix in. Therefore, add milk when preparing the puree to get the desired consistency.