Chicken flavoured chick pea patties
This chick pea’s preparation is a tasty, healthy vegetarian option for a burger Pattie. With the flavourful Knorr Chicken seasoning you wouldn’t know the difference! It is ideal as a lunch box snack or for dinner time with a side of fries.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 400g boiled chick peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- Handful of curry leaves, chopped
- 75g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder
- 50g Astra
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely pound chick peas in a mortar and add to bowl.
- Mix in the onion, green chili, curry leaves, Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder, flour and eggs. Mix well with a spoon or hand. Add salt to taste.
- Take a small portion of the above batter and pat it with your palm to flatten into a shape of a burger.
- Heat pan, melt a knob of Astra, and pan fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
Chef’s Tip:For a more savoury pattie, you can add chili flakes or chopped green chilies. Also, instead of chickpeas, you can use minced chicken.