Wild mushroom and sherry soup
This soup is a deliciously fragrant and creamy starter for an elegant dinner party or simply as a delicious evening meal.
- Recipe serves:4-6
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time35 Minutes
- 350g mushrooms ( Button, abalone etc.)
- 2 Knorr Chicken cubes
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 150g sweet potato or potato
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 50ml fresh cream
- 1 litre water
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Melt Astra, add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add the potato and bring to a boil. Then, add the leek and continue simmering.
- Now add the mushrooms, Knorr Chicken cubes and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, remove from heat and mix in the sherry and cream and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the above mixture into a food processor and blend to a puree. Return to the saucepan, heat and serve in individual cups.
Chef’s Tip:Oyster mushrooms can be used instead.