Spiced Roast Pepper Soup
It’s all about peppers! This warm and hearty vegetable soup features bold flavours of roasted peppers and spice.
- Recipe serves:4-6
- Preparation Time Minutes
- 1 each – red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- ½ teaspoon – powdered cloves
- ½ teaspoon – cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons – Sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 litre – water
- Fresh cream to garnish
- Salt to taste
- De-seed peppers and cut into large pieces and roast in moderate oven at 180o C till done.
- Melt Astra in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic till fragrant. Add water, Knorr Chicken cubes and rest of the spices and bring to a boil.
- Transfer the roasted peppers into the pan and take off heat.
- Blend the mixture into a puree and return to pan and heat. Serve hot with a garnish of fresh cream on top.
Chef’s Tip:Instead of fresh cream as a garnish, 1 tablespoon can be added when puréeing, for a creamier texture.