A delicious wholesome meat and vegetables stew with an African influence featuring the flavours of peanut butter.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time60 Minutes
- 500g beef sirloin or fillet
- 1 Knorr chicken cubes
- 2 large onions, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of choppedginger
- 50g peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon of powdered cloves
- 500ml water
- 25g Sunflower oil
- 25g flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Cut meat in to pieces.
- Melt the peanut butter in a pan and toss the meat in it, for a few minutes. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, carrots, tomato sauce, bay leaf and spices. Finally add the Knorr chicken cubes and water.
- Remove from pan and pour into a casserole dish and cook for about 1 hour in the oven.
- To thicken the stew at the end of cooking, melt Astra, add flour and mix well. Gradually add water or stock water and combine thoroughly. Add this mixture to the stew.
- Add the lemon juice and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Cut meat in to neat, equal sizes to cook evenly and to speed up the cooking process.