Steamed Chicken Dumplings
Authentic Chinese dumplings with a robust meaty filling that’s packed with texture and flavor
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- Dumpling dough
- 300g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 10g Salt
- Warm water to mix
- For filling
- 150g Minced pork or chicken
- 1 sachet Knorr chicken seasoning
- 10g Astra
- 1 no Chopped onion
- 1 clove Chopped garlic
- 50g Chopped carrot
- 50g Chopped celery
- A handful of chopped spring onion leaves
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Add water gradually and knead to form soft smooth and non-sticky dough.
- To make the filing, melt Astra in a pan then add chopped garlic and onion till fragrant then add minced pork/chicken, Knorr chicken seasoning and fry for few minutes and add carrot and celery. Finally mix in the spring onion leaves and take off from the fire.
- Take a small portion from the dough and flatten it to form a circular shape. Similar to how you do when making patties.
- Place a spoonful of the meat mixture in the middle and fold in half. Apply water on the edge of the dumpling and seal by tucking the dough with your fingers.
- Now steam in a steamer for a light dumpling or fry in a pan with a little Astra for a crispier dumpling.
- This delicious easy-to-prepare dish can be served either as an appetizer or as a main.
Chef’s Tip:Dumplings are an ideal substitute for noodles or rice in soups.