Baked Fish in Banana Leaf
This mouthwatering dish is sure to turn any die hard meat eater into a proper fan of fish. The flavor packed marinade in this recipe adds layers of amazing flavor to the fish while the banana leaf keeps the fish soft and succulent.
- Recipe serves:2
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 2 slices of Tuna or Seer Fish
- 2 pkt. Knorr Maldifish Powder Mix
- 2 Onions
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Astra
- Salt to taste
- Banana leaf to wrap
- Grind together the onion, garlic, green chili, chili powder, turmeric, Knorr maldifish powder mix, Astra and salt into a smooth paste.
- Marinade the fish with the above paste and leave aside for few minutes.
- Now carefully wrap the slices of fish in the banana leaf and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 200c in an oven.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with the banana leaf.
- The best part about this dish is opening the banana leaf and breathing in all the amazing flavor created by the spices.
Chef’s Tip:For more flavor, marinade the fish for longer. When marinating for longer periods, keep the fish/meat refrigerated and covered.