Stuffed Snake Gourd Cutlets
Discover a unique way to make this simple everyday vegetable truly amazing. A crunchy snake gourd cutlet filled with a spicy potato filling.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 300g snake gourd
- 2 potatoes
- 2 sachets Knorr Maldive Fish Powder
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 or 3 green chilies, chopped
- A handful of curry leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 50g wheat flour
- 150g bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean snake gourd and discard seeds. Cut into cylindrically shaped pieces about 1 inch thick.
- Boil potato and mash well. Add Knorr Maldive Fish Powder, onion, green chili, curry leaves, and chili flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Mix flour with water to make a thick batter.
- Fill the snake gourd with the potato mixture. Then dip the snake gourd in the batter and coat with bread crumbs to form a cutlet.
- Deep fry until golden brown and serve hot.
- Want to wow your visitors with your cooking skills? This dish is a deliciously unique interpretation of a favorite snack!
Chef’s Tip:If additional salt is required, add more Knorr Maldive Fish Powder to enhance the flavor.