Spicy Bread Bites
Beautiful golden and crunchy batter fried spicy bread sticks. The combination of chilies and spices in this recipe turns the ordinary flour based batter into a devilishly fiery and spicy batter that will create an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 7-8 Slices of bread
- 2 sachets of Knorr maldivefish powder
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2-3 Green chilies chopped
- 2 tbsp of Curry leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp of Chili flakes
- 150g of Wheat flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Water to mix
- Oil to deep fry
- Cut off the crust of the slices of bread and cut into 4 or in to thin strips
- In a bowl, mix all remaining ingredients, except oil and water
- Now gradually add water into the mixture to make a semi-consistency thick batter
- Dip the sliced bread in the batter and deep fry till golden brown
- This lip smacking treat is sure to be a big hit among friends and family at your next party!
Chef’s Tip:Do not soak the bread in the batter for too long, as the bread will become too soft and be difficult to deep fry.