A flavorful twist to the typical omelette, combining fluffy eggs with a robust gravy enhanced by the taste of maldive fish.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- For the Omelette
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 1 tbsp Astra Margarine
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- For the Curry
- 1 tbsp Astra margarine
- ½ an onion, sliced
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Curry leaves and rampe
- Whisk eggs. Add all the remaining ingredients with ½ of the Knorr Maldive Fish Powder sachet and mix well.
- Heat the Astra in a frying pan. When Astra has melted, pour in the egg mixture and make an omelette.
- Cut into large slices and set aside.
- Melt Astra in a separate pan. Add the onion, chili, rampe, and curry leaves. Sauté for a minute.
- Add all the spices, the remaining Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix, tomato wedges, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Adjust the seasoning, if required.
- Reduce heat. Place the omelette slices in the pan and carefully coat them with gravy. Serve hot.
- Quick and tasty, a high-protein dish that’s full of spice.
Chef’s Tip:When making the omelette, add approximately 1 tablespoon of thick coconut milk to the egg mixture for a creamier flavor.