An all time favourite break-fast recipe that creates a wholesome dish rich in nutritional goodness that can energize the mind and body..
- Recipe serves:5-6
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 200g of basmati rice
- 200g of minced beef
- 3 nos of Knorr chicken cube
- 50g of kadala parippu (gram dhal)
- 25g Astra
- 1 tsp of fenugreek
- 5 nos of green chilli
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- 10 nos of chopped shallots
- 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 no of chopped tomato
- 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 2 litres of water
- 1 litres of fresh coconut milk
- Bunch of curry leaves
- A handful roasted cashew
- Salt to taste
- Heat the Astra and cook the onions until golden.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mutton, green chili, coriander leaves, chopped ginger and garlic, turmeric powder and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice, kadala parippu and water and cook till rice is tender.
- When the rice is cooked, mash the mixture coarsely with a wooden spatula.
- Add the coconut milk and Knorr chicken cubes and let it boil till the rice and mutton is soft and the consistency is right.
- Arrange in individual soup bowls. Garnish with cashew and Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Use Sudu kekulu or rathu kekulu rice for a healthier option.