Green Chilli Falafel
The ultimate Mediterranean street food –“Falafel” is rich in taste and prepared in many variations of quick recipes, to be consumed alone or beautifully laid within pita pockets.
- Recipe serves:3-4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 2 cups of Chick Peas
- 4-5 chopped green chillies
- 1 sachet of Knorr chicken seasoning
- 5-6 Cloves
- 1 small onion chopped
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup of Coriander
- ½ cup of parsley
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Add chick peas, green chilies, coriander, parsley, ground cumin, dry coriander powder, salt, cloves of garlic and onion into a food processor and finely grind them.
- Mix in the Knorr chicken seasoning powder and mix well to combine. Season to taste.
- Now with the help of a spoon, mould the mixture and deep fry in preheated oil. Once golden brown, take out and serve with sauce of your choice.
- You can serve this in pita pockets or Arabic bread pockets as a substitute for meat balls.
Chef’s Tip:Add chopped prawns to the mixture to enhance the flavour.