A scrumptious snack emanating from Middle Eastern origins, which can be accented with a chutney or sauce of your choice.
- Recipe serves:3-4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 2 cups of chick pea flour
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 sachet of Knorr chicken powder
- 150g of grated Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste
- 3-4 nos chopped green chilies
- 3 nos chopped onions
- 1 tbsp of curd
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp of chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Add 2 cups water to the chick pea flour and mix well.
- Add the Knorr chicken powder, green chilies, ginger paste, onions, curd, bread and mix well.
- Add the salt and baking soda and mix well so that no lumps remain.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round flat rotis.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and deep fry the tikkis till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain and keep aside. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Chef’s Tip:You can prepare cutlets using this mixture and they will be a perfect replacement for meatballs.