Grilled Fillet Steak with Mushrooms and Leek Stew
Thick cuts of tender steak with a delicate burst of citrus in a hearty mushroom and leek stew. This makes a beautiful comfort meal on a cold day.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 4 leeks washed, trimmed and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 200g whole button mushrooms, pan fried
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 800g fillet steaks, cut into 1-1½ inch thick slices
- Juice of 1 orange
- Sweat the leeks, onion and garlic with a splash of olive oil and Astra in a heavy-bottomed saucepan on low heat for 20 minutes, until they are soft and sweet. Turn up the heat and add the white wine.
- Let the wine come to a boil and then toss in mushrooms. Allow it to gently simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, fresh cream, Knorr Chicken Cubes and simmer for another few minutes. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Whether it’s an impromptu dinner party or a simple family dinner, easy recipes like these are your secret weapon for talked about meals!