If you love Biriyani, you’ll love chicken pulao! This Indian delicacy features soft chicken with a spicy pull and handpicked herbs & spices in fragrant Basmati rice.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 500g Basmati Rice
- 500g boneless chicken
- 150g carrots, diced
- 100g green peas
- 2 onions, cut lengthwise
- 2-3 chillies, cut lengthwise
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- A handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- A handful of mint leaves
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons Astra
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 3-4 cloves
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cook rice separately and set aside.
- Melt Astra in a pan. Fry bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add onions and chillies and fry on low heat until onions turn brown. Add ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Then add tomato, carrots, green peas and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, Knorr Chicken Cubes and yoghurt. Fry for another few minutes. Add mint leaves.
- Cover and cook until the gravy becomes semi-solid, then mix in cooked rice and coriander leaves.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- This Indian chicken and veg party food recipe is the perfect substitute for Biriyani!