Strawberry Panna Cotta
An elegant Northern Italian dessert with a creamy melt-in-your-mouth texture, topped with red, juicy strawberries.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 minutes + chilling time Minutes
- 150g strawberries
- 250ml whipping cream
- 250ml milk
- 50g sugar
- 6g unflavored powder gelatin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 40g sugar to sprinkle when serving
- Sprinkle the gelatin on 1 ½ tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to dissolve.
- Pour milk, 150g strawberries and vanilla into a blender and blend till it becomes a smooth purée.
- Heat the cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir for about 3 minutes until the cream comes to a boil. Remove pan from heat and pour the cooked cream into the bowl with the softened gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Then, stir in the strawberry purée.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve and into a bowl. Stir well.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into individual serving cups and chill in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- Sprinkle strawberries with sugar and arrange on panna cotta with its juices before serving.
- Looking for party foods/desserts which could be served to a group of at least 5 people? This recipe is as big on quantity as it is on quality.