Chilli Chicken with Cashew Nuts
Crispy chilli chicken with a flaming red hue, served with fried cashew nuts.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 500g skinless & boneless chicken pieces, slightly seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 200ml water
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 4 spring onions, cut into strips
- 200g fried cashew nuts
- 1 cup spring onion leaves
- Oil for frying
- In small bowl, lightly beat egg white. Then mix in cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Add chicken and mix well to coat all pieces and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then, fry chicken in hot oil until crisp.
- Mix Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix with 200ml cold water. Boil and simmer for a few minutes while adding fried chicken and cashew nuts. Add capsicum and spring onions just before turning off the heat.
- Lastly, mix in the spring onion leaves and serve hot.
- Makes wonderful bites and nibbles when served as party food.
Chef’s Tip:Add dried red chillies to enhance flavour and colour.