Creamy Pasta with Mushroom
Pasta in a creamy white sauce with a delicate limey kick drizzled with parmesan cheese.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 400g cooked pasta
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 finely grated lime zest (rind)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200ml milk
- 400ml water
- 1 packet Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce
- 80g parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. In a separate bowl mix Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce with water, and then add it into the boiling milk. Cook till sauce becomes thick.
- Next, add oil into a fresh pan using a high heat. Toss in mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes.Add garlic to the mushrooms and fry, then mix the white sauce in and stir well.
- Add the pasta, lime juice, lime rind and parsley. Toss and taste. Correct seasoning if needed.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve hot.
- A perfect example where you can transform your kid’s food, as well as your own, into gastronomic adventures with these make-it-at-home quick recipes!
Chef’s Tip:When boiling pasta always bring water to a boiling point to prevent stickiness.