Chicken Corn Chowder
Nostalgically thick and flavoursome chicken corn chowder garnished with fresh parsley.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 350g minced chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 20g Astra
- 20g flour
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 litre water
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Melt Astra in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour until blended with the mixture. Then gradually stir in ½ the quantity of the water.
- Add minced chicken and Knorr Chicken Cubes. Stir until boiling and thickened.
- Stir in sweet corn, the remaining quantity of water, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, but do not boil.
- Garnish each serving with parsley.
- Quick and easy recipes like this one could make simple appetizers the star of your meal.
Chef’s Tip:You can use already boiled chicken to cook this meal even faster; simply shred or chop boiled chicken and add it into the soup.