Stuffed Marmalade Chicken with Baked Apples
Roast chicken with a sweet marmalade glaze, delicately stuffed with nectarous flavours and served with warm baked apples.
- Recipe serves:6 to 7
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time45 Minutes
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 apples (3 chopped & 1 whole)
- ¾ cup marmalade
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons Astra
- 100ml apple juice
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup raisins, chopped
- ½ cup cashew nuts, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Melt Astra in a pan and add knorr chicken cubes. Quickly take off from fire.
- Pour the butter mixture over the chicken. Add turmeric, chilli powder, crushed pepper and marmalade. Rub this marinade well around the chicken and inside the cavity.
- In a bowl mix up raisins, cashew nuts, onion, parsley, sage, bread crumbs and chopped apples. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff chicken with the above filling and pin and secure the opening with a toothpick.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray and pour the remaining marinade and stuffing into the tray.
- Cut the whole apple into slices or wedges and place them around the chicken. Then pour in the apple juice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C° for 40- 45 minutes till the chicken is cooked.
- While baking, baste the chicken with marmalade using a brush.
- Looking for delicious Christmas Recipes that involve meat and fruits? This spectacular dish can serve a whole family sitting down to a Christmas dinner!
Chef’s Tip:You can substitute apple juice with 1 cup of red wine for additional flavour.