Red Hot Spanish Chicken
Flaming Spanish chicken in a creamy red sauce topped with red chillies.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 600g chicken pieces cut into medium sizes
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 cups tomato juice
- ½ cup fresh milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 60g grated cheese
- Oil for frying
- In a paper bag add flour, pepper and chilli powder. Put the chicken pieces into the bag and shake till well coated.
- Heat oil and deep fry chicken till golden brown.
- Dilute Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix with tomato juice and water. Pour it into a saucepan and cook till sauce thickens.
- Add fried chicken, cheese and milk into the sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle sliced red chilli, spring onion leaves or parsley to garnish. Serve hot.
- Easy recipes like these require less time spent cooking and more time spent eating!
Chef’s Tip:When coating chicken pieces add 2-3 tablespoons of Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix into the flour mixture to boost the flavour.