Red Fish Curry with Shallots
A hot seafood curry with daring spices and a lemony kick, best served with a plate of steaming rice.
- Recipe serves:5 to 6
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 250g tuna
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 100g shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green chillies, cut julienne
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ cups water
- Oil to blanch shallots
- Rampe & curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and blanch shallots. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add in the onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, cinnamon stick, rampe and curry leaves.
- When fragrant add the fish and turmeric. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dilute Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix with water and pour it into the pan. Finally add green chillies and blanched shallots.
- Cook till the water evaporates and the spice mixture coats the fish well.
- Season to taste, mix in the lime juice and turn off the heat.
- Fish recipes like these make the best kinds of Sri Lankan foods to serve with rice.