Quick Tandoori Chicken
Delectable chicken rubbed with the rich spices and piquant flavours of India.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup plain yoghurt or curd
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red food colouring
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot. Add garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix, paprika and red food colouring. Cook until fragrant.
- Cut deep slashes in 3-4 places on the chicken legs and add it into the pot. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Lift off the lid, mix in lemon juice and yoghurt and cook till the chicken is done and slightly dry.
- Quick recipes like these are a time-saving life changer! All you need is chicken, a handful of spices and 30 minutes in the kitchen!
Chef’s Tip:Alternatively, if you own a grill or an electric oven you may use it to roast the chicken. Simply roast it for 20 minutes at 200°C.