Honey Glazed Chicken Roulade with Pan Gravy
Moist chicken roulade brushed with bees honey and served with its own delectable pan gravy.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 packet Knorr Italian Pasta Red Sauce
- 250g chicken sausage, removed from casing
- 150g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup bees honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Kitchen twine
- Heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon of Astra. Then add sausage meat, bacon and cashew nuts. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Dilute Knorr Italian Pasta Red Sauce with ½ cup water and pour it into the above mixture. Cook until the stuffing becomes thick.
- On a cutting board, place the chicken breast with the skin-side down. Flatten it with your hands. Mix Astra, turmeric, 1/4 of honey and chilli powder together and rub the meat with it. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil to moisten.
- Spread the stuffing on top of the chicken and roll the chicken around in it. Wrap kitchen twine around chicken and tie tightly.
- Pre-heat oven at 200°C.
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and brush it with honey. Reduce heat to 180°C and bake for 30-35 minutes. Brush 3-4 times with honey during the baking process.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes then snip off kitchen twine. Slice the chicken and arrange decoratively on a serving platter. Pour pan gravy over the slices and serve.
- Looking for festive Christmas Recipes and delicious Chicken Recipes? This dish is a fusion of both.
Chef’s Tip:Simple pan gravy to accompany the chicken roulade with, which is made by its own juices and chicken stock:
Melt 2 tablespoons of Astra in a pan. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and quickly cook to make a roux. Dilute 1 Knorr Chicken Cube with 2-3 cups of boiling water and pour it into the flour mixture. Gradually add 1 ½ cups of the pan gravy and cook till sauce becomes thick. Season to taste and serve with the Chicken Roulade.