White chicken broth
Chicken broth with a hearty aromatic pull, served with white chicken, white beans and buttered pasta.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time40 Minutes
- 300g white beans
- 20g Knorr Chicken Powder Mix dissolved with 6 cups of warm water (stock)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 200g potato, cubed
- 100g carrot, cubed
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot combine dry white beans, chicken stock, crushed garlic cloves and 1 cup of chopped onion. Boil, reduce the flame and simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes until the beans are tender.
- In a large pan add oil and sauté 1 cup of chopped onions until tender. Add cumin, potatoes, carrot and chilli powder. Stir well.
- Add cooked chicken, the ingredients in your pan, 2 cups of water and a Knorr Chicken Cube into the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with buttered pasta.
- Sophisticated dinner party food just got a hearty and wholesome twist!
Chef’s Tip:To make this creamy add 1-2 tablespoons of fresh cream after turning off the flame.