Vegetable & Prawn Tempura
A light and crispy Japanese all-time favourite complimented with a dipping sauce.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 200g medium prawns, de-veined with tail
- 100g carrots
- 100g capsicum
- 100g brinjal
- Tempura Batter
- Ingredients for Tempura Batter
- 150g gram flour
- 100g white flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Vegetable Chopsuey Recipe Mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- Cut carrots, capsicum and brinjal lengthwise into sticks.
- Make a thick tempura batter using gram flour, white flour, Knorr Chinese Vegetable Chopsuey Recipe Mix, baking powder, corn flour, salt and turmeric. Mix into a batter with water.
- Dip the vegetables and prawns into your tempura batter and deep fry in a pan or large wok.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Chef’s Tip:Looking for quick recipes to make appetizers and quirky party foods? Look no further.