Pineapple Fried Rice
A Thai special of sweet fried rice infused with strong pineapple flavours.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- ½ a pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the pineapple with 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Then add rice and the remaining 4 cups of water. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Then cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok and add the eggs. Cook without stirring until set.
- Slide eggs out of the wok and onto a plate. Cut the egg into short, narrow strips.
- In the same wok, heat oil and stir fry the mushrooms, soy sauce, spring onions and carrots for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and egg strips.
- Heat until everything is cooked. Serve in a hollowed out pineapple.
- Looking for Easy Recipes with Fruits? Or perhaps recipes that make good party foods? This delightful dish is a fusion of both!
Chef’s Tip:Without boiling the pineapple separately you can cook it along with the rice for a better flavour.