Fragrant Moroccan rice with cumin, parsley, garlic and coriander- best served hot and fresh.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time35 Minutes
- 500g Basmati Rice
- 700ml water
- 50ml corn oil
- 50g tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear, and then soak it.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onions till half caramelized, and then add crushed garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add coriander, chilli powder and cumin. Sauté for a few seconds. Next, add rice and sauté for another few minutes. Drop in 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes and pour tomato puree and water into the pot. Mix well. Adjust seasoning if needed and let it cook till done.
- Finally, add lime and parsley. Stir well.
- Great idea for: Kids Food and Party Foods.
Chef’s Tip:When cleaning Basmati Rice you need to soak the rice for 20 minutes. When you’re just about to cook it add 1 ½ cups of water to 1 cup of raw rice.