A fire starter sambol with extremely hot spices and an overall bold flavour, best accompanied with Kiribath.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 300g onions
- 1 sachet Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 2 tablespoons chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 green chillies, cut julienne
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- Salt to taste
- Using a mortar and pestle grind onion, chilli flakes and chilli powder to form a paste. Add salt to taste.
- Heat Astra in a pan and add the paste, curry leaves, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix and green chillies.
- Sautè for a few minutes and correct the seasoning. Take pan off the fire and sprinkle the fried lunumiris with lime juice. Mix well.
- Kiribath without Lunumiris is like a Party without Music! Easy Recipes like these for staples of the dinner table are a must-have in your kitchen.
Chef’s Tip:Using shallots in making this dish will give it a stronger flavour.