Sweet & Sour Prawns with Mushrooms and Roasted Cashew Nuts
Prawns with a delicate sweet and sour tang topped with spicy stir-fried mushrooms and roasted cashew nuts.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 500g lagoon prawns, cleaned with the tail intact
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Sweet & Sour Recipe Mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red raw chillies, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups button or oyster mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup spring onion leaves roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Heat oil on medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add prawns, red chilli, mushrooms and ginger.
- Stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes until prawns are done.
- Add water and Knorr Chinese Sweet & Sour Recipe Mix, bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add cashew nuts and soy sauce.
- Add more seasoning if necessary and toss with tomatoes and spring onions.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Use quick recipes like this with fresh seafood to make delicious and easy to cook meals that can be served for lunch or dinner.