A classic Spaghetti Bolognese topped with a thick and meaty Italian red sauce.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 500g minced beef
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 30g celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 packet Knorr Italian Pasta Red Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 400ml water
- 1 large mushroom, sliced
- 300g cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 80g grated cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and add onions, garlic, carrot, celery and the bay leaf. Fry for 5-6 minutes till vegetables are done.
- Add the minced beef and cook for 5-8 minutes or until cooked.
- Pour in tomato paste and chopped tomatoes.
- In a bowl dilute Knorr Italian Pasta Red Sauce with water, then pour it into the meat mixture and stir. Cook till sauce is thick.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaf.
- Arrange spaghetti on a plate. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot.
- Kids’ food becomes easy to make with quick recipes like this which wholeheartedly embody taste.
Chef’s Tip:For additional flavour add oregano and thyme along with bay leaf while cooking the sauce.