Sweet and Savory Waffles
Venture into the mouth-watering, buttery zeniths of sweet and savoury golden waffles that pack in a beautiful crunch!
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time25 Minutes
- Flour 250g
- 4 eggs
- 25g Astra
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons sugar (For a sweet flavour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (For a sweet flavour)
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix (For a savory flavour)
- 1 tablespoon of Chilli pieces (For savory flavour)
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Combine melted Astra with flour, egg yolks and baking powder. Mix well.
- Gradually add milk till a thick batter forms.
- Whisk egg whites till fluffy then fold into the flour mixture carefully.
- Divide the batter into 2 bowls.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the first batch. Add Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and chilli pieces to the second batch.
- Pour the batters separately into a waffle iron and cook till golden brown.
- Searching for quick recipes to make kids foods and desserts? This is a perfect balance of both.
Chef’s Tip:If you do not have a waffle iron you can still use this batter to make pancakes. Simply heat up a frying pan, add a teaspoon of Astra, pour in a spoonful of batter, spread, cover with a lid and cook till golden.